Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Last Sunday every salon on Newbury held a Cut-A-Thon for the Children's Hospital of Boston. My mother and I tried out Emerge; which is right around the corner from my apartment and is the salon I am going to start to use. It was such a great cause and pretty much a win/win for me! My new hairdresser thinks I should go a darker brownish red.
Could be fun, what do you think?
Friday, April 23, 2010
I used to be certified back when I was teaching sailing to the kiddies at the cyc... & when I heard we were going to get someone to come into our office, I had to do it. We used EnjoyCPR which turned out to have a pretty good course. Of course when I got up to practice I noticed that Dwight and I have a similar course of action for these kind of emergencies...
"Check for an organ donor card. If he has one we only have minutes to harvest."
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Yesterday Apple announced a new ad service for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) called iAd. If you want to see the Steve Jobs demo of it, go here:
(skip to 00:44:00 or so to get straight to the iAd demo)
Apple basically just made a HUGE bid to become a dominant player in the mobile advertising market & opened a lot of doors for advertisers! Woohoo!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Every Thursday during lunch we have a yoga instructor come into our office and teach a class. I LOVE IT. It's such an amazing perk of P+s. Our instructor is a really well known yoga instructor in Boston and has been teaching for over 5 years at Back Bay Yoga. Now, Nicoline Valkenberg, is starting her very own yoga studio in Somerville, called Samara Yoga. If you are into yoga she is a phenomenal teacher & you should check out her studio!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
So my company bought an iPad and I have to say its probably the coolest "adult" toy I have ever played with! I legitimately hopped around my desk I was so excited. So here's what I think:
- If the iPad was just for video, it would be remarkable.
- If the iPad was just for gaming, it would be fantastic.
- If the iPad was just for touch-screen Internet browsing, it would be special.
- If the iPad was just for books, it would be revolutionary.
- If the iPad was just for music enjoyment, it would be mind-blowing
- But the fact that all of this is rolled into one device is absolutely orgasmic.
- It is a bit heavier than I thought it would be - and my little wrists got tired.
- I typed much faster than I thought I would be able to - but still slower than a regular computer (but faster than my BB)
- Can't run more than 1 app at a time - silly apple - but I don't mind :)
- No Camera or Flash
- Built in battery - so you are screwed if it dies
- SO EXPENSIVE & i'm poor
- NO Phone so I cant call home.
Overall, I need one. I guess i'll wait until it gets 3G and I can call N on it.... or until i'm rich.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
My company, PARTNERS+simons, raffled off 4 tickets to the Red Sox/Yankees opening day game! And because I am always sooooo lucky - I was one of the selected. The tickets were with The Ad Club of Boston; so it was great to be attending with people in the same line of work & fabulous for networking. The night included a dinner at the Best Buy Players Club with unlimited beer/wine & an all you could eat buffet. Not to mention live performances from Steven Tyler & Neil Diamond, NBD.
Who knew P+s was a Red Sox sponsor?!?!